Sometimes life gets too busy to cook a decent, healthy meal at home. So, I thought I’d share one of my family’s favorite freezer friendly recipes for scrumptious and good-for-you meatballs. These are great the day they are made, tossed in the freezer raw and cooked later, or simply cooked, frozen, and later reheated in a crockpot loaded with yummy marinara.
1 lb. ground beef, venison, or pork
1 onion, chopped
2-3 T Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/2 c bread crumbs (or 2 slices slightly damp bread)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In medium sized bowl, combine seasonings, bread crumbs, egg, and onion. Add meat and gently combine, using fingertips only to keep meatballs moist and soft.
3. Form into 1 1/2” balls. Place on baking sheet in a single layer.
4. If freezing for later use, freeze raw meatballs in a single layer on the baking sheet. Once frozen, remove from baking sheet and place in freezer or vacuum seal bag. Alternatively, and quite frankly my preferred choice, fully cook meatballs as follows, omitting the marinara sauce, and freeze for an extra fast meal.
5. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 min. (longer if frozen.) until juices run clear.
6. Top with your favorite marinara sauce.
From our home to yours! Enjoy!